16.5.08

Please pass the demolition crew

Am I the only person in this wretched valley, let alone the planet that thinks the Y on the mountain is a big, stinking eyesore? Are there more people who would like to look at one of the most beautiful mountain ranges in the west, and not have to see a ginormous man made chunk of glaring white cement in the form of the second to last letter in the alphabet? Seriously, if I am the only one who is annoyed, somebody tell me. And no, it has nothing to do with the fact that it is BYU, or that I attend UVU. I couldn't care less what exactly is up there, only that there is something up there.

The huge "G" on the mountain irks me even more. I love Mt. Timpanogos, I think it is an absolutely stunning mountain. And probably one of the most beautiful mountains in a metropolitan area, if Utah Country can truly be referred to as such. Cruising on the freeway, one can not help but admire the sheer, rugged beauty of said mountain...until one's eyes drag across the festering man made boil heralding Pleasant Grove's superiority for all to see.

Way to go Pleasant Grove. One more reason I hate that town. The first being that it always smells like rotting death/feces whenever I drive by the freeway exit.

Anyways, I think that giant mountain letters should be banned, and those already in existence should be destroyed. Why should anybody have to look at them? Why mar the unique mountain beauty with man made eyesores?

2 comments:

Snubbs the White Rabbit said...

I've actually never thought about it. But now that you mention it, I would have to agree with you. My guess is ego. So people can drive by and go, oh yeah BYU. Great school. Funny thing about it is that everyone that doesn't go there drives by and goes, oh yeah BYU. F that school. haha.

h2oetry said...

I'm not going to argue about the letters on the mountain, because I agree with you. I live directly under the "G" ... But, I will defend PG, because we are not connected at all to the freeway geographically. That unpleasant smell (no pun intended) is coming from the deplorable American Fork. So, at least hate us for one less reason.